To avoid a long rant I am just going to say that I have gotten sick of marking advertisements on Facebook as “offensive” only to see more of the ads that I have marked as offensive. Is this a joke or does Facebook just not care or is it something entirely different? I’m not sure but I got sick of it so I took 30 minutes of my time and created a Kynetx application that removes ads from facebook when I use it.
Some of you might be wondering, why not just use adblockplus or a greasemonkey script?
- I’m crazy about Kynetx
- In 30 min. I had 5 deployment paths
- information card
- Firefox Browser Extension
- Chrome Browser Extension
- IE Browser Extension
- I can expand functionality of the application in the future.
- There is a profit strategy that I could utilize in the future! $$$$
- Deploying updates and Features is instantaneous and easy
- Runs from the cloud so Kynetx can pull the plug if it become malicious
YOU WANT THAT!
Firefox Browser Extension
Chrome Browser Extension
IE Browser Extension
This spring’s Kynetx Impact conference is going to be off of the hook! It’s going to be from April 27-28, 2010 at the Miller Free Enterprise Center at Salt Lake Community College.
If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you already know I can’t shut up about Kynetx and that’s because I think what we are doing is amazing. The internet has grown a lot since it’s birth just a few* years ago and Kynetx is its next big step. If you would like to attend, the conference will be $150.00 but you can get a 33% discount if you register before January 31, 2010 using the discount code Earlybirdspring2010.
Just to show off a little bit of what Kynetx can do, I created a simple Kynetx application that will enter the discount code to get 33% off, and will apply it to the total. The application took about 5 min. to write and deploy.
Get the Kynetx Fan Card and try it out for yourself!
Download Kynetx Fan Card
2. Visit conference registration site -> http://kynetximpactspring2010.eventbrite.com/
3. Watch and be amazed as the card applies the discount for you
You will need a card selector to install this card into. If you don’t have one, head over to azigo to get one.
PC AzigoLite Card Selector
Problem / Frustration
I’ve always been frustrated after doing a “Find” in Firefox
or bringing up the Mac “Force Quit Applications” window
that I’m not able to close it with a keyboard shortcut because it looses focus. Well, the other day I figured out one way to close both using the keyboard! Woohooo!
How To Fix
- Use same keyboard shortcut to bring up same window
- Press ‘esc’