Lessons From Michael Dell
Bob Pearson posted on his blog today 10 things he has learned from Michael Dell on innovation and collaboration. I have taken my favorite parts and shared them here.
- We get smarter when we listen well.
- Most innovation occurs step by step. It is rarely about the big idea.
- Collaboration leads to the best ideas
- The most powerful driver of human behavior online is to help your peers.
- When companies see themselves as peers, they serve their customers well
- People get a sense of empowerment when you allow them to participate and recognize their contribution.
- The real action occurs after the idea is received.
- Let go, allow your team to try new ideas, fail occasionally and end up with a great batting average.