https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino was the most helpful place to start. You need to
- open the Arduino IDE
- Open ‘Preferences’ menu under ‘File’
- Add the url http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json to the ‘Additional Boards Manager URLs’ input box
- click ‘OK’
- open menus ‘Tools’ -> ‘Board’ -> ‘Boards Manager’
- find the esp8266 by searching in search filter input
- Click the esp8266 and click install
You should then be able to connect to and upload sketches to the espduino board.
Sometimes you don’t have access to scripts you are trying to debug. Using the chrome extension flip the script makes it really easy to serve up local versions of files in place of the remote requests.
I have become a big fan of the plus addressing feature that Gmail offers. I had a client that wanted to be able to use this feature but was using the basic shared Cpanel hosting for email. We figured out how to can set things up in Cpanel to at least get the routing to act the same. Note: You will have to create routing rules for each address you want this to work on.
1) Make sure the default address is set up to catch emails (which is probably the biggest downside to this approach).
2) Make sure the default address forwards to the main system account.
3) Select “Manage Filters” for the main system account set in the previous step
4) Setup filter rules by setting filter name
5) Set filter field to “To”
6) Set filter match operator to “contains”
7) Set action to “Redirect to Email”
8) Input email address to forward to
9) Save by clicking “Create” and send a test email to confirm the filter is working.
What good are analytics if the data is full of spam? 2 great posts that can help anyone better understand spam in their site analytics and how to deal with it.
How to Stop Spam Bots from Ruining Your Analytics Referral Data by Moz.com
How To Stop Referrer Spam by RavenTools.com