JSONP jQuery Ajax Error Handler Callback
Are you using JSONP and jQuery and trying to handle non 200 responses? Getting frustrated that your error handler isn’t firing when it gets a 403, 404, or some other response code? Take a breath and repeat after me.
“There is no error handling in JSONP”
Now that you have fallen into a great despair, let me save you.
Head over to https://github.com/jaubourg/jquery-jsonp to find a good alternative to jQuery’s implementation of JSONP.
The solution was easy to implement and helped me solve the issues I was having with getting 403 and 404 errors on JSONP requests.
jQuery-JSONP is feature rich with
- error recovery in case of network failure or ill-formed JSON responses,
- precise control over callback naming and how it is transmitted in the URL,
- multiple requests with the same callback name running concurrently,
- two caching mechanisms (browser-based and page based),
- the possibility to manually abort the request just like any other AJAX request,
- a timeout mechanism.
and compatible with all major browsers
- Internet Explorer 6+
- Firefox 2+
- Chrome 1+
- Safari 3+
- Opera 9+
Photo by janet galore